So I’ve always thought about being a writer. I just never did anything about that… Feeling or instinct or whatever you call it. But the thought has always been there.
Maybe you’re reading this post because like me, you’re just starting to give into that feeling of wanting to write. I am too.
So I’ve put together a few… ten quotes that might aspire you to start writing immediately. Or if you’re thinking about giving up, it just might… or might just change you’re mind. (Since I’ve started given into this feeling to write, I question everything that I write. It’s annoying.)
So here’s you’re much needed list of 10 quotes
1. “Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. … It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.”
– Enid Bagnold
2. “Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.”
– George Orwell
3. “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
– Ernest Hemingway
4. “The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.”
– Samuel Johnson
5. “Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know of no shortcuts.”
– Larry L. King, WD
6. “There are no laws for the novel. There never have been, nor can there ever be.”
– Doris Lessing
7. “You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.”
8. “Long patience and application saturated with your heart’s blood—you will either write or you will not—and the only way to find out whether you will or not is to try.”
– Jim Tully, WD
9. “It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.”
– Ernest Hemingway
10. “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
– Stephen King
That’s that. Enjoy your day.